Seeking a Power and Controls Engineer. An experienced Designer with 10+ years of experience is acceptable. Will be required to Interface with design team, project managers and clients to lead effort for the development of EI&C design packages. We provide technical support to a wide variety of engineering projects, which range from day-to-day municipal and industrial engineering in all areas related to plant operation and safety.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Determine, select, and specify electrical equipment, instrumentation and controls required to monitor, operate and control mechanical, process, and electrical systems.
- Develop Power System Studies
- Develop EI&C portion of P&ID’s.
- Produce logic diagrams, control narratives (sequence of operations) and wiring diagrams.
- Develop instrument index.
- Interpret and apply codes, job procedures, standards, and specifications.
- Interface with other design disciplines.
- Provide field assistance as required.
- Monitor and review on-site installation, start-up and operation of instrumentation and controls.
- Perform inspections of equipment as required.
- PLC/HMI Architecture Design including Ethernet, ControlNet and Remote I/O.
- Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals.
- Develop control panel designs.
- Select and specify instruments and control valves.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with NEC
- Minimum of five years design or more without degree
- Ability to lead industrial facilities design and construction projects.
- Ability to quickly understand network layout and I/O diagrams.
- Intermediate to excellent computer skills with MS Windows XP, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- AutoCAD or Revit experience
- Strong communication and impromptu problem-solving skills.
- Mechanical or Chemical Knowledge
- PLC and HMI programming experience
Benefits include medical and dental insurance; Disability and Life Insurance; Retirement Plan with company match; paid holidays and vacations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
Contact Us About This Position
Download/Print This Listing