Career Opportunities with Canfield Engineering & Integration
Canfield Engineering & Integration (CEI) is hiring!
Who we are:
CEI provides electrical engineering consulting with a focus on industrial applications such as mining and water/wastewater in the Southwest US. We are a small company that boasts of a healthy work culture, options for hybrid work, and training opportunities. We strive to provide resources for our employees to grow professionally. We are constantly adapting to provide the best services possible and create an enjoyable work environment.
What we do:
Our services include engineered construction documents, quality control review, assisting with construction management, procurement, special inspection, and owner representation, all within the EI&C disciplines. We are a rapidly growing company who seeks to expand our services throughout the United States.
We are looking for employees who take pride in their work, provide high-quality services, and can work well with clients.
Now hiring for the following positions:
Power and Control Engineer
Seeking a Power and Controls Engineer. An experienced Designer with 10+ years of experience is acceptable. Will be required to Interface with design team, project managers and clients to lead effort for the development of EI&C design packages. We provide technical support to a wide variety of engineering projects, which range from day-to-day municipal and industrial engineering in all areas related to plant operation and safety.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Determine, select, and specify electrical equipment, instrumentation and controls required to monitor, operate and control mechanical, process, and electrical systems.
- Develop Power System Studies
- Develop EI&C portion of P&ID’s.
- Produce logic diagrams, control narratives (sequence of operations) and wiring diagrams.
- Develop instrument index.
- Interpret and apply codes, job procedures, standards, and specifications.
- Interface with other design disciplines.
- Provide field assistance as required.
- Monitor and review on-site installation, start-up and operation of instrumentation and controls.
- Perform inspections of equipment as required.
- PLC/HMI Architecture Design including Ethernet, ControlNet and Remote I/O.
- Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals.
- Develop control panel designs.
- Select and specify instruments and control valves.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with NEC
- Minimum of five years design or more without degree
- Ability to lead industrial facilities design and construction projects.
- Ability to quickly understand network layout and I/O diagrams.
- Intermediate to excellent computer skills with MS Windows XP, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- AutoCAD or Revit experience
- Strong communication and impromptu problem-solving skills.
- Mechanical or Chemical Knowledge
- PLC and HMI programming experience
Benefits include medical and dental insurance; Disability and Life Insurance; Retirement Plan with company match; paid holidays and vacations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
Contact Us About This Position